- Course Training Materials
- Proof of U.S. citizenship or TSA approval
Prior to your first solo flight, you’ll need:
- FAA issued Student pilot certificate
- FAA issued third class Medical Certificate
Before a PRIVATE PILOT final check ride, you will need to:
- Have a minimum of 40 hours flight instruction
- Have a minimum of 10 hours solo flying (this is included in the 40 hour total)
- Pass the FAA Private Pilot written exam
- Learn basic flight maneuvers, take offs and landings, cross country flying, pilotage, dead reckoning, VOR and GPS navigation, and basic instrument flying.
- Learn aeronautical decision-making, safety of flight considerations, basic aviation weather information, basic aerodynamics, and airport operations.
What does flight training involve?
Flight training consists of ground school and hands-on flighttraining in an aircraft. The two usually start around the same time. Whileground school can be accomplished on an individual basis, most people prefer toattend a classroom course. Not only will this ensure that all the material iscovered, but it will also provide the structure and organization to get throughthe required material in an organized and timely manner. The Badlands FlyingClub ground school consists of and covers the following topics:
- Aircraft systems
- Airport environments
- Proper communications and phraseology
- Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs)
- Aircraft performance
- Charts and navigation
- Human factors
FAA Training Requirements
- Aircraft Piper Warrior II- N...
- Flight Hours 40
- Ground Hours 20
- FAA Knowledge Test 70% or higher
- FAA Practical Test Pass
- Estimated Costs $8000
- Training Time 4 months to 12 months *
'We recommend a regular pace of at least one flying lesson per week.'